About the job
We are looking for someone with a high capacity for teamwork and experience developing SaaS oriented applications in order to work in the core domain of Alice Onboarding. You will provide expertise and develop high quality and maintainable code through the full software lifecycle, in line with Alice's commercial and technology strategy.
This role would require you to do the following on a daily basis:
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches (TDD, DDD, clean code, clean architecture, etc). Previous experience in these fields is a plus.
- Work on challenging problems regarding large amounts of data processing.
- Deliver high-quality solutions and make our technology and our team scale as the business grows.
- Participate in high-level technical decisions and take part in product-experimentation.
The ideal person for this role:
- You're able to own large complex problems and deliver solutions. You challenge yourself and others to build and design better.
- You prefer strong working relationships and thrive on collaboration with your teammates, and stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend software engineer.
- Familiarity with SaaS based software development patterns and hosting best practices.
It will be valued:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with CI/CD workflows (Github Actions, CircleCI or Jenkins pipelines) and GitOps.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
What we offer in return
- Learning days. You can learn during working hours.
- We encourage the dissemination of knowledge both through internal meetings and by sharing our experiences with the community. Feel free to propose talks, open spaces, workshops, etc.
- Training budget for personal and team formation.
- Free day your birthday.
- Flexible working hours in a remote-first company. However we do have the possibility to attend co-workings in various locations.
- Competitive base salary. Additional year end bonus can be offered based on individual and company performance.
Alice is a biometric identity verification solution that allows the online onboarding of new clients, reducing identity fraud and maximizing conversion rate. Alice offers a frictionless user’s identity verification in a two-step process: user takes a selfie and captures his ID card, Alce does the rest.
Alice Biometrics, as a spin-off from the R&D Technology Center Gradiant, was born with the mission of developing the best-in-class onboarding identity verification solution that uses Deep-Learning based Face Recognition and Passive Liveness Detection technology.
We use a lot of exciting technology. This is our technology stack:
- Python for our service back-end code.
- RabbitMQ and ELK stack for events queue management, observability and visual representation.
- Domain Driven Design as main principle to domain modeling and keep focus on the product.
- Test Driven Development to encourage the Outside-In design and improve the quality of our code.
- Github for repositories management.
- Github Actions for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Notion for project management and documentation.
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, KEDA, Prometheus, Grafana, APM to orchestrate and monitoring our services.
- Google AI Cloud and Kong for underlying infrastructure.